Enterprise Architect Roles and Responsibilities
Enterprise Architect Roles and Responsibilities are focused around taking a company's business strategy and defining an IT systems architecture to support that strategy. To do so, the Enterprise Architect responsibilities will include having a deep understanding of the company's business to be able to dive deeply into technology issues.
An Enterprise Architect Role Description can vary greatly from role to role and company to company. However the below is a sample Enterprise Architect Role Description that outlines some of the duties and responsibilities required for some Enterprise Architect roles.
Enterprise Architect role description:
- Prepares EA business case, exposes benefits and drivers, financial merits
- Presents, justifies communicates to all stakeholders in business and IT
- Specifies EA framework, best practices and tools
- Establishes architecture, design and technology principles and guidelines
- Participates in EA design and development
- Coordinates works done by domain architects
- Controls the consistency and compliancy of artefacts
- Owns the EA repository and decides access rights
- Recommends transformation roadmap and works with Program Management
- Controls EA iterations deliveries
- Establishes compliance checkpoints in major capability development processes
- Assesses EA maturity
- Measures returned value at each iteration
Enterprise Architect Jobs can be difficult to fill due to the scarcity of skills required to be a successful Data Architect.
Get in touch
EA People is Australia's leading niche recruiter for Business Design, IT Architecture and Solutions Design professionals for Government, Blue Chip and Small to Medium Enterprise organisations. We are recognised for our unparalleled depth of knowledge, experience, and industry relationships. We understand what is required for Enterprise Architecture, so if you are looking to fill Enterprise Architect jobs, please contact us today.