IT Architect Jobs
IT Architect Jobs include working for companies and organisations to maintain computer networks. People who work in Architecture IT jobs typically need to have a bachelor's degree in order to gain employment, though some employers prefer those with a master's degree or certification. IT Architect Jobs may also require additional certification, such as TOGAF certification.
IT Architecture jobs can be listed as permanent or contract roles. IT Architect Contact Jobs typically run from a 3 month engagement to an 18 month engagement. IT Architect contract jobs are a great way to make connections in the industry.
Architecture IT Jobs usually involve using computer design software to model and test networks, adding new hubs, changing routers or making other modifications to existing networks. Architecture IT Jobs may also include conducting computer support personnel evaluations and coordinating future direction on technical issues, such as obsolete software.
Duties and responsibilities
An IT Architect Job Description can vary greatly from role to role and company to company. However the below is a sample IT Architect Job Description that outlines some of the duties and responsibilities required by some IT Architect Jobs.
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analysing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorisation and labelling; meeting with focus groups.
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and data flow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
- Organises information by translating user behaviour into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organisation of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
- Implements information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with Web Producer and Production Developer to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Usability Specialists.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Enhances organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Similar to an IT Architect Job Description a Chief IT Architect Job Description can vary greatly from role to role and company to company. Some of the responsibilities that may be included in a Chief IT Architect Job Description include being responsible for the IT infrastructure of an organisation. A Chief IT Architect leads the development and delivery of strategic technology solutions that fit the business' needs. Additionally, they are responsible for reviewing, analysing, and evaluating business systems and user needs. Chief IT architects work closely with a variety of product and business owners to help understand and clarify business requirements. Additionally, they collaborate with other teams and architects in their organisation. Another responsibility of theirs is helping guide technology investments at many different levels in an organisation.
Australia's leading niche recruiter
EA People is Australia's leading niche recruiter for Business Design, IT Architecture and Solutions Design professionals for Government, Blue Chip and Small to Medium Enterprise organisations. We are recognised for our unparalleled depth of knowledge, experience, and industry relationships. We understand what is required for IT Architect Jobs, so if you are looking to fill a role at this level please contact us today.